If you have never availed services from an air duct cleaning company, you may not know whether your home require such services. If you have just moved into your new home recently, you may be unaware of whether or not the previous tenants had availed duct cleaning services before you moved in. This does not mean that you ought to simply push aside the need to get your ducts cleaned assuming that it was already done. While it is not compulsory to have your whole heating & cooling system thoroughly cleaned with the same frequency as you profoundly clean different areas of your home, it is important that this system is well-maintained to protect your family from any diseases and to ensure the proper functioning of the system.
A cleaning professional will tell you how to realize that the time has come to have your ducts cleaned. Look for the following signs to figure out whether it’s time to contact cleaning company:
- The vents in the rooms of your house are dusty, and even after you clean them you can see dirt and dust coming out of them when you use the heating or cooling system.
- You can visibly see a growth of fungi or mold inside the ducts or on one of the parts of the heating & cooling system.
- You can noticeably see a substantial build-up of debris and contamination inside the air ducts or in the heating & cooling system.
- There are small pools of water in the air ducts or in the parts of the heating cooling system.
- The protection of the system is damp.
- Your duct system has ended up infested with bugs or rodents.
You may likewise need to consider an assessment by a duct system cleaning professional if you have noticed worsening allergies and asthma symptoms, increased respiratory infections or other physical side effects that you can’t explain. These might be an indication of the presence of dust, toxic mold or other contaminants inside your ducts or heating and cooling system. A careful air duct cleaning can remove these contaminants, facilitating these side effects.
Another aspect of professional air duct cleaning services is generally the assessment and cleaning of the dryer vent. Your home’s dryer vent can easily get stuck with fibers & lint from your laundry, both reducing the functionality of the machine and creating a fire hazard.
Having this dryer vent and the workings of the properly cleaned dryer will decrease the energy usage of the dryer, and shield your home from sudden fire. Frequently assess the efficiency of your dryer and check the vent on the outside of your home for a build-up to figure out whether it might be the ideal time for these services.